- Make sure the GameGlass Host software is running on your computer and that you have logged in to your account there.
- Verify that your PC and external device are on a supported network according to our Network Requirements article.
A soft reset is often all that's needed to resolve many common causes which result in a connection error.
- Close the GameGlass Host software from the system-tray by right-clicking the GG icon and choosing "Exit"
- Log out from any other devices which you've logged into previously. Press the Logout button available beneath the retry connection button.
- Now that you are logged out of all open sessions, restart the Host Software first then log back in on your other devices.
Powering off both your PC and touchscreen device and then rebooting them can clear up more persistent underlying issues. Perform this step whenever a soft reset doesn't resolve as expected.
Connection Error Causes and Solutions:
First, to isolate the cause of a connection error perform a self-contained test using your gaming PC only. We will not be using your other device at this time.
- Open a browser and navigate to app.gameglass.gg on the same computer where you've installed the GameGlass software.
- Log in to your account then select "Initialize GameGlass"
If the Local Test was successful
A successful Local Test proves that GameGlass is set up and functioning properly. If only external devices receive a connection error this shows that something else is preventing the connection, potentially antivirus or VPN software although there are no confirmed conflicts with these as of now.
If your PC and device do not meet the conditions described in our Network Requirements article they will not be able to connect.
After following the above steps if the connectivity issue is still unresolved then visit the #support channel of our GameGlass Discord for real-time assistance or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org