Are you stuck with "Connection Error" on your client device? Here we will get to the basics to begin understanding what is exactly causing your connection issue.
- Make sure the GameGlass Host software running on your computer and that you have accepted yes to the "User Account Control" prompt.
- Verify that your computer is on the same network as your device. See gameglass-minimum-requirements Network Connectivity
Lets start with a self contained test using your computer only. We will not be using your device for this test.
- With the GameGlass Host software running, log in if you are not already.
- Open a browser on the same computer and navigate to app.gameglass.gg
- Log in to your account then select "Initialize GameGlass" on the next screen simply press "Save and Close"
- You should now see the GameGlass interface and at the top left of the screen "Connected". Press F11 to leave fullscreen mode.
If you received another connection error instead the next step is to do a soft reset.
A soft reset consists of logging out of your Host software on your computer and all browsers or Apps on your computer or devices.
- Open the GameGlass Host software from the system-tray by right-click and choosing "Settings" then click logout on the bottom left. Do not log back in yet!
- On the browser you used for the Local Test in the last step and on any other devices which you've logged into previously press the Logout button available beneath the retry connection button or if the interface loaded on a certain device press settings on the top right and then press logout on the top right from there.
- Now that you are logged out of all open sessions, Log back in on the Host Software first and then attempt another local test
- If the local test is successful, make a new attempt using your device.
If a local test is still unsuccessful do not attempt to log in on any other devices yet, we will need to focus on discovering what may be preventing connections.
Question: Are you using any third-party firewalls?
Info: By default Windows 10 includes the Windows Defender firewall. If you have installed a firewall separate of this you may need to manually create and exclusion for the GameGlass Host software
The GameGlass executable is typically located in "C:\Program Files\GameGlass Inc\GameGlass" and requires access to port "65432"
Info: Check here for any exclusive guides regarding Antivirus & Firewalls
Question: Does a local test work and your device is still unable to connect?
Info: Verify that your device and your computer are on the same network and subnet by comparing the IP addresses of the two. On your device and on your computer open a browser and navigate to:
If they are on the same subnet typically this would mean the first three sets of numbers match with only the fourth set differing (example: 192.168.50.211 and 192.168.50.101).
Keep up to date with any known issues here Known Issues & Status
Additional support may be available within the #support channel of GameGlass Discord by our helpful community and/or team members.
If all other options have been exhausted please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org